Podcast: Play in new window | Download
From the darkest depths of the darkest night, the Randomizer chose for us play Dungeon Master, the 1992 port of a 1987 Atari ST dungeon crawler. It has some good history and some bad history. To do a proper study of this game we bring on Sandwich Pope Phil Hawkins, as we do with all SNES dungeon crawlers. We talk about Melissa’s experience with the Country Music Awards, the glory of Herald Arthur’s battlecry of PINGAS, and our old stomping ground of Palace Chat. Enjoy!
Dungeon Master Podcast Shownotes:
- We assure you, we’re still giving away a “Mystery Capcom Prize“
- Dave streamed Dungeon Master on Twitch, if you like Twitch, video games, dungeons, mastering, dungeon crawlers, or guys named Dave!
- Didn’t you have your Baby Yoda JNCOs in Palace Chat?
- Toad & Frog know how to deal with their problems.
- Dave knows Remy both LaCroix (NSFW) and LeBaeu.
- We were basic AF and drank us some White Claw.
- Check out that guy who is better that us, Chocopus!
- We did have him on Goof Troop.
- Oh, and we also had him on Super Smash Bros.
- Just have a taste of the Sandlot 2.
- If you like this, try Legend of Grimrock.
- DADDY was also in Sundog.
- Lady Tsunade was based on Hitomi Tanaka (NSFW)
- Want that quality take on Dungeon Master? Listen to Elanrae.
- Phil has some other jams like Might & Magic III.
- Phil was also on Wizardry V.
- POPULOUS! WE HAD TO PLAY POP-U-LOUS!
- If you didn’t get that great gag, its based on Popular in Wicked.
- Roger Clemens was on that episode of The Simpsons.
- We also did an episode of a baseball game featuring Roger Clemens.
- We mentioned good history, here is Dungeon Master’s encyclopedia.
- Dungeon Master’s Box Art.
- A good take on Dungeon Master’s impact on CRPGs.
- The history of Dungeon Master.
- THE ORIGIN OF PINGAS!
- THE PROPER DEFINITION OF PINGAS!
- THE USAGE OF PINGAS!
- Don’t you miss an episode! Subscribe to TADPOG on iTunes.
- Find us at tadpog.com or facebook.com/tadpog and let us know what you think of the show.
- Call 270-883-2555 and leave us a voice mail. Relevant or not, we don’t mind. You could also text us. We’re down for that.
- Follow us on Twitter @TADPOG_Podcast
- Leave us an email at either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, you could try email@example.com but no promises.
- Feel like helping out the show? We have a Patreon at www.patreon.com/tadpog if you feel so inclined.
- Mail us something at: TADPOG Studios; c/o Nicole Nance; PO Box 3785; Paducah, KY 42002