Wing Commander! You remember that FANTASTIC Freddie Prinze Jr. and Matthew Lillard film, yes? We’re pretty sure it’s in the Criterion Collection. Well, actually the movie was made after the DOS game. That was then ported to every other system like a Mogwai dunked in water. One of those gremlin offshoots landed on the SNES and we were lucky enough to be gifted it by The Randomizer. So we take a brief break from our tabletop series to break down the Wing Commander movie and this port of the Wing Commander game, we also touch briefly on the Wing Commander Secret Missions – a sort of expansion game follow up. Did it need that follow up? We get to that. We also talk about The Batman (spoilers, we give a time warning), and some other terrible movies. Come hang out with us, you know, in a one sided sort of way since it is a pre-recording podcast.
Wing Commander Shownotes:
- Tyler enjoys the speaking flow of David Pakman.
- NCHammer 23 is another great speaker who knows his Naruto facts.
- THE BATMAN!
- It makes you want to play Arkham Asylum.
- Stripes wouldn’t fly today.
- Neither would Revenge of the Nerds with this terrible scene.
- Summoning Salt has an amazing breakdown of Super Punch Out speedruns.
- Holmes & Watson is a movie best left behind.
- Ian recommended Cabin Fever.
- Our theme song for this episode is Mess by Anamanaguchi. We also played Civil War Fife & Drum Medley by David Lovrien, Peaceful Henry by Heftone Banjo Orchestra, and FloraFauna by Anamanaguchi. All songs fall under the Creative Commons license and are available in full on this link to their albums on Free Music Archive for Anamanaguchi. This for Heftone Banjo Orchestra and this for Civil War Fife and Drum Medley.
- Don’t you miss an episode! Subscribe to TADPOG on iTunes.
- Find us at tadpog.com or facebook.com/tadpog and let us know what you think of the show.
- Call 270-883-2555 and leave us a voice mail. Relevant or not, we don’t mind. You could also text us. We’re down for that. But or and.
- Follow us on Twitter @TADPOG_Podcast
- Leave us an email at either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, you could try email@example.com but no promises.
- Feel like helping out the show? We have a Patreon at www.patreon.com/tadpog if you feel so inclined.
- Mail us something at: TADPOG Studios; c/o Nicole Nance; PO Box 3785; Paducah, KY 42002