We’re talking about Galaga, the 1981 sequel to Galaxian on this episode. Specifically, we’re talking about the bemusingly-named NES port “Galaga: Demons of Death”. We’re recording in a new studio, hereforth known as Blanket Oasis. We talk about the upcoming meet-up (aka TADPOG Prom) at the 2018 Louisville Arcade Expo. There are two quizzes: a Gal Quiz and an Alien Bugs Quiz, and we wrap things up by answering listener voicemail.
Galaga Podcast Shownotes:
- Dave plays Galaga on Twitch
- That episode on Ballz we did in Melissa’s closet
- The impromptu Pokémon GO episode we recorded
- Dat Lola Bunny cosplay
- Apparently Galaga made an appearance in Pixels
- Everything Wrong with The Room in 8 Minutes or Less
- The Disaster Artist
- Greta Garbo
- Nerdy Thursday
- Hops and Heroes
- The episode we did on Super Ghouls ‘n Ghosts
- The No Fire Galaga exploit
- The Galaga Tekken loading screen
- Galaga appears in War Games
- Galaga is referenced in The Avengers
- Vincent D’Onofrio as Edgar the Bug in Men In Black
- The first encounter in Alien
- Bugs in Starship Troopers
- District 9
- Bunbun from Mother 2
- 5 Diabolical Zorak Moments
- Zerg Rush
- The Brood
- Absolutely the best scene in Team America: World Police
- Don’t you miss an episode! Subscribe to TADPOG on iTunes.
- Find us at tadpog.com or facebook.com/tadpog and our back catalog on our Soundcloud let us know what you think of the show.
- Call 270-883-2555 and leave us a voice mail. Relevant or not, we don’t mind. You could also text us. We’re down for that.
- Follow us on Twitter @TADPOG_Podcast
- Leave us an email at either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, you could try email@example.com but no promises.
- Feel like helping out the show? We have a Patreon at www.patreon.com/tadpog if you feel so inclined.
- Mail us something at: TADPOG Studios; c/o Nicole Nance; PO Box 3785; Paducah, KY 42002
- Our regular theme song is Moves by Sycamore Drive and is used as our intro/outro under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.o United States License.