Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In a Double NSFW Episode, Father Wiley Ammons sits down with us to talk about Super Star Wars, the 1992 LucasArts classic for the Super Nintendo.
In This Episode:
- Mega Man X, running in place, and Sticks
- How to jump from a truck
- Get Birdman coffee
- George Lucas may have been high
- The JVC Kaboom Box
- Muppet Babies Star Wars
- The Sandcrawler’s got its own Blargg
- “Let the hate flow through you.”
- Grim Fandango aka Wiley’s Favorite Game
- This game has a Train Level (see Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose!)
- Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back episode
- The Sarlacc Pit
- Wiley reads from Wookieepedia
- Dejarik Holochess
- Escape from Lut Gholein
- Are you a masochist who enjoyed Super Star Wars? Try Sparkster!
- “Heaven” by Micah
- Remember, according to Super Turrican 2, space fish make the best contractors
- “These are not the droids your looking for.”
- Larry is fired from LucasArts
- Super Star Wars for the PC
- “No polygon count, just lots o’ big pixels.”
- Better Star Wars games: Shadows of the Empire, X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Dark Forces
- Kupo Nuts
- Super Star Wars Achievements
- I AM LIFE!
- Friends with Symbiotes
What We’ve Been Playing:
- Dave continues Final Fantasy Dimensions, and finished Guacamelee!
- Tyler continues Borderlands 2, and You Don’t Know Jack.
- Wiley decided to pick up Cave Story (which we played on the PC).
- Micah Perdue
- Eli Phillips
- Ramon Castillo
- Kevin Link
- Mario Italiano
- Matt Barger
- Jess Dockrey – suggstreetpost.com
- Nicole Nance
- Josh Nance
- Laura Ammons
- Dennis Robison
- Eli Phillips
- Jon Turley
- Joshua Edwards
- Tyler Dunigan
- Nicole Nance
- Sean McElwain
- John Sullivan
- Wiley Ammons
- Jesus / Camp Weed
- Don’t you miss an episode! Subscribe to TADPOG on iTunes.
- Find us at tadpog.com or facebook.com/tadpog and let us know what you think of the show.
- Call 270-883-2555 and leave us a voice mail. Relevant or not, we don’t mind.
- The song Moves by Sycamore Drive was used as our intro/outro under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.o United States License.
There hasn’t been a comment on this site in forever. Time to rectify the situation!
As a note, I am looking forward to the day Tyler plays Super Ghouls & Ghosts. I am predicting that there will be much rage quitting, followed by uncontrollable weeping.
Yeah, we don’t get much comment love. There’s always facebook.
God, Super Ghouls ‘n Ghosts! I can’t wait. I remember playing it, but not nearly as much as its brutal older brother, Ghosts ‘n Goblins (never beat that one, but got close to the fake ending once).
Oddly enough, Ghosts & Goblins on the NES is far easier than the SNES or Genesis versions. I remember a few friends and I made it all the way through the first game and to the last level of the second playthrough with the bracelet. One of the bosses was damn near impossible, we played it for well over 7 hours and never got past the damn thing.
I never made it that far in Super Ghouls ‘n Ghosts…and something tells me that’s not going to change when we play it for TADPOG.
Pingback: Ep. 564 – Rex Ronan: Experimental Surgeon - TADPOG: Tyler and Dave Play Old Games