We strap on our respective mawashis to talk about Tsuppari Ozumo, the 1987 sumo wrestling game developed and published by Tecmo for the Nintendo Famicom. So…why are we covering this game? Well. We’re done talking about the games on the NES Classic, and this one is on the Famicom Mini (also Dave really wanted to play it). If you’ve been listening to the show for a while you know that we aren’t exactly what you would call “sports experts” but maybe Tsuppari Ozumo is the game that converts us. Maybe from this point forward we become real big Sumoheads. At the very least, we discuss the game. We open a package from Trash Bear.
We’re talking about Solomon’s Key for the NES…kinda. You love 45 minute intro stories, right? Tyler tells a slumber party story and talks about their ‘tivities. Circus Skate Guy is back, baby! We talk about little kids behind their backs. For probably too long. Tyler issues a “Key Quiz”. We take a few calls. We thank a few people. We all have a good time.
Are you ready for some foooootball? We are!…or not? Either way, we strap on our helmets for this episode and talk about Tecmo Bowl for the NES. If you’re a longtime listener of our podcast, you know that sports games aren’t really our strong suit. That’s okay. We’re calling an audible (that’s a football thing, right?) and we’re bringing Time Lord Josh Edwards onto the field to lend us his gridiron know-how. Tyler issues a sports pop quiz, and we take a voicemail from Edge Lord Kyle about his personal experience with the game. Continue reading
Like two ghosts in the moonlight, the ninja podcasters stalk their prey. Yes, that’s right, we’re talking about Ninja Gaiden for the NES. If that’s not enough: We talk about jeans! We offhandedly mention Shallow Hal! There’s a Ninja Quiz! Continue reading
You like NES games, TADPOG Nation? We do too. So Monday is the perfect place to take a slight dip into the NES library. Today we’re talking (a little) about the NES adventure game, Rygar. Shawn Miller, of audio cursing fame, has been asking us to do this game for awhile and have him on for it. After asking around it also turns out Tyler’s boss is a big fan of the game so we had Jason Ison on the episode as well. As is appropriate with Rygar we talk A LOT about strippers and chimera. We also reveal what we are sure will become “The infamous 580 trilogy”.
In This Episode:
- Don’t you miss an episode! Subscribe to TADPOG on iTunes.
- Find us at tadpog.com or facebook.com/tadpog and let us know what you think of the show.
- Call 270-883-2555 and leave us a voice mail. Relevant or not, we don’t mind. You could also text us. We’re down for that.
- Follow us on Twitter @TADPOG_Podcast
- Leave us an email at either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, you could try firstname.lastname@example.org but no promises.
- Our regular theme song is Moves by Sycamore Drive and is used as our intro/outro under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.o United States License.
Tags: 580, Adventure, Calls, Dave, Jason, Miller, NES, RPG, Strippers, Tecmo, Tyler