We plunge into the murky poo-poo water beneath the Big Apple long enough to talk about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES. Yes, that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles—freaks on fire, April showing her support, electric seaweed! We open a package from Listener Sean. Yes, we make TMNT parallels to Frasier as well as Friends.
Welp. We did it. We’ve reached the end of another list. We’ve already done an episode on Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, so this episode concludes our NES Classic series. And it is a loooong episode! Josh (of Uniracers fame) and Brandon (of being Tyler’s childhood friend fame) join us to talk about this Nintendo classic: The Legend of Zelda. There’s some game talk. But there’s also a church basement story. Tyler gets pretty drunk and we open a package from Edge Lord Kyle.
Start ropics? Startropical Capricorn? STARTROPICS! That’s what we are doing for this week’s rundown of the games on the NES Classic, as brought to you by Mastermold Mike. Are you super thirsty for all that StarTropic goodness? Well, don’t be. It is a very long walk through hobos asking for money and Brandon of Axelay fame calling you a skank before we get there. Really, we do talk about the game but not for about 40 minutes. So don’t say we didn’t warn you, but it’s totally worth it to take that journey with us. Continue reading
Like two ghosts in the moonlight, the ninja podcasters stalk their prey. Yes, that’s right, we’re talking about Ninja Gaiden for the NES. If that’s not enough: We talk about jeans! We offhandedly mention Shallow Hal! There’s a Ninja Quiz! Continue reading
TADPOG Sweetheart Josh Nance (resident Metroid lover) joins us to talk about Metroid for the NES on this week’s episode. We open a package from Kira and Bunny. There is a “Sounds Like Oid” Quiz. Continue reading
We could be out searching for three sacred treasures and squaring off against Medusa’s army, but we decided to just record a podcast episode about Kid Icarus instead. That’s right, we’re still playing through the games on the NES Classic in alphabetical order and now Nintendo’s 1987 action platformer gets its turn in the spotlight. Also: the podcast is now five years old! We open a spicy package from Ruby Baron Paul Clewell of Loaded Cart Podcast, and in honor of the protagonist of Kid Icarus, there is a Famous Pits Quiz. Continue reading
Grab your whip, your cross and your holy water. On this episode we’re talking about Castlevania, the third game on the NES Classic. There’s also lively discussion about sex benches, wall meat and heart sconces. We open a package of snacks from across the pond, courtesy of Ross. There is totally a monster quiz. Continue reading
We’re talking about the roguelike dungeon crawler, ToeJam & Earl, Digital Trends’ 18th-ranked Sega Genesis game. If conversation about rapping aliens from outer space isn’t funky enough for you: we also renew our Lay’s Passport to Flavor, we try Burger King’s new Whopperito, and Tyler shares a very important Fantasy World update! So suit up in your Frazier cosplay of choice and enjoy the show.
In This Episode:
- Don’t you miss an episode! Subscribe to TADPOG on iTunes.
- Find us at tadpog.com or facebook.com/tadpog and our back catalog on our Soundcloud let us know what you think of the show.
- Call 270-883-2555 and leave us a voice mail. Relevant or not, we don’t mind. You could also text us. We’re down for that.
- Follow us on Twitter @TADPOG_Podcast
- Leave us an email at either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, you could try email@example.com but no promises.
- Feel like helping out the show? We have a Patreon at www.patreon.com/tadpog if you feel so inclined.
- Mail us something at: TADPOG Studios; c/o Nicole Nance; PO Box 3785; Paducah, KY 42002
- Our regular theme song is Moves by Sycamore Drive and is used as our intro/outro under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.o United States License.