Learning can be fun, especially when you play along with Donkey Kong Jr.! …or not. This week we’re talking about Nintendo’s 1986 edutainment platforming gem for the NES: Donkey Kong Jr. Math. We also open a care package from Edge Lord Kyle, and we answer some listener voicemails (including some special messages from Saint Zach).
Donkey Kong Jr. Math Podcast Shownotes:
- Dave Plays Donkey Kong Jr. Math on Twitch
- We’ve talked about a lot of Donkey Kong games already. We discussed Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest, and Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong’s Double Trouble back when we were playing through IGN’s Top 100 SNES games. There’s an episode about Donkey Kong 64 when we played through Dorky’s Top 25 N64 games. We did episodes on Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. when we played through all 30 games on the NES Classic. Our most recent DK episode was on Donkey Kong ’94 for the Game Boy. (There’s even an episode on Diddy Kong Racing, if you’re into that kind of thing).
- We displayed our mathematical ineptitude a long time ago on a little episode called Tyler and Dave Fail at Maths.
- Recently we discussed two other edutainment favorites: Mario Is Missing and Mario’s Time Machine.
- Knight and Day of movies you remember but haven’t seen and will never see fame
- The Hardy Boyz!
- Pandemic, of Blake’s favorite games that are too hard to beat
- Dead Cells since we will be doing a special episode sometime soon
- Well, its a song but is it a good song still? Is it?
- The song that will forever remind Tyler of Correspondent Laura Ammons
- Does anyone actually have this game for Atari? Red Sea Crossing.
- Bubble Bath Babes, since the NES is the best way to consume your porn.
- August Ames so you too can feel weird along with Zach (NSFW)
- PLEASE HELP SANDWICH POPE PHIL GO TO TADPOG PROM!
- Don’t you miss an episode! Subscribe to TADPOG on iTunes.
- Find us at tadpog.com or facebook.com/tadpog and let us know what you think of the show.
- Call 270-883-2555 and leave us a voice mail. Relevant or not, we don’t mind. You could also text us. We’re down for that.
- Follow us on Twitter @TADPOG_Podcast
- Leave us an email at either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, you could try firstname.lastname@example.org but no promises.
- Feel like helping out the show? We have a Patreon at www.patreon.com/tadpog if you feel so inclined.
- Mail us something at: TADPOG Studios; c/o Nicole Nance; PO Box 3785; Paducah, KY 42002
- Our regular theme song is Moves by Sycamore Drive and is used as our intro/outro under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.o United States License.